MISSION, VISION AND VALUES
Mission: Stray Cat Alliance educates and empowers the community to advocate for every cat’s right to be safe, healthy and valued. We are building a no kill nation, one stray at a time.
Vision: Stray Cat Alliance envisions a time when all cats are cared for, all kittens and domesticated cats are in loving homes, and there is a healthy but declining sterilized feral cat population. The feral cat colonies that do remain are monitored, fed, and treated medically when needed by their caregivers.
Stray Cat Alliance values:
- Every cat’s life as worthy and deserving of human attention, compassion, dedication and action on its behalf.
- The sheer joy, the love and utter magic that cats bestow upon the human race.
- All cats equally, whether in a forever home or free-roaming in need of human care and assistance.
- The power of education and knowledge, combined with patience and determination, to invoke understanding and positive change in outreach assistance to help cats.
- Its decade of victories for the cats in the key areas of rescue, adoptions and uniquely, in Trap/Neuter/Return.
- Its record of returning every single call or e-mail for support with cat issues.
- Its reputation as the go-to source for stray cats.
- The opportunity to advocate and positively influence perceptions about stray cats so numbers of supporters increase, along with the scope of such important work.
- The momentum of humane causes and how far they have come in this new millennium, and are excited about the future.